Ticket #186 (closed design: fixed)
Document HTTP's error-handling philosophy
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||email@example.com|
|Component:||non-specific||Severity:||Active WG Document|
Questions often come up as to why HTTP doesn't define error handling in a detailed way.
A short explanation of the reasons would help readers understand HTTP's approach. e.g.,:
- Error conditions are numerous; addressing every one would make the specification much more complex and therefore harder to implement correctly, bringing yet more potential errors.
- Error handling is often dependant upon the use case, not generic
comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by email@example.com
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.