Ticket #74 (closed design: fixed)
Character Encodings in TEXT
|Reported by:||email@example.com||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by firstname.lastname@example.org) (diff)
RFC 2616 prescribes that headers containing non-ASCII have to use either iso-8859-1 or RFC 2047. This is unnecessarily complex and not necessarily followed by implementations or by specifications of new headers.
This issue is limited to:
- determining whether UTF-8 can be allowed in some way (e.g., in current uses of TEXT, and/or new headers), and
- possibly tightening up use of iso-8859-1 in TEXT (in particular, C1 controls).
- Component set to messaging
- Milestone set to unassigned
- Summary changed from Character encodings for Headers to Encodings for non-ASCII Headers
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Encodings for non-ASCII Headers to Character Encodings in TEXT
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by email@example.com
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
comment:11 Changed 6 years ago by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Component changed from p1-messaging to p6-cache
- Milestone changed from 06 to 07
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.